Official SMART WEBSITE is http://smart.com.ph/

No substitute for reliability, and what happened at SMART BRO?

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tags: , , , , , 

In the years that I have been in business, I have learned that there is no substitute for reliability. As an entrepreneur, my word is my badge of honor. I know it is hard, but I have learned this lesson very well in the years that I have been in business. In fact, I would say that if there is a reason why my business has grown, it is because I have always been reliable.
smartbroken1
As an entrepreneur, I have learned that I cannot stop finding ways to help my clients. I need to constantly innovate to keep up with their needs that are constantly changing and evolving. This is the reason why I strive to always listen to my clients. In talking to them, I was able to discover something they needed.
Most importantly we make it a point to do things ethically. We conduct ourselves with the highest ethical standards, knowing that in all businesses, there is no substitute for integrity. read the original article here

What happened to the reliability at SMART BRO these days?
1.  SMART introduced a great new product in SHARE IT with great potential. SMART BRO then destroyed it by crippling it by limiting it to only one provincerather than nationwide like its cell phone service and SMART BRO PLUG IT (see if you can find this fact that it is crippled to only one province online).
SMART please make it nationwide subscription to Share It and a truly great product it is by making it nationwide use like other SMART nationwide products like PLUG IT and like cell phone service and make it truly deserving nationwide withpromised speeds 2 mbps delivered for SMART customers.
2. Bills at SMART BRO are always late (even here in downtown) and in fact I signed up for the new SHARE IT recently and the bill is due now but I have not received the bill so how can I pay? And when I tried to access the account online, it said I had to have an account number besides my sim number. So the bill hasn’t arrived, I checked to see if I could email for help and surprise surprise now you can only call customer service and wait and wait on the phone for help and waste my time when a simple email or chat online would be enough. Where did their email service go? Where is the chat service that so many other RELIABLE companies offer online these days? And why not just email bills to customers, at their emails provided in their application immediately? Why waste the money on paper at all? SMART and PLDT now own part of MERALCO and
MERALCO already has a great online email billing system in use by their call center why not learn how to deliver better service from Meralco to SMART customers too by email?
3. And the sign up process for SMART products is degrading to customers requiring them to go back about three times to get the SHARE IT router, once to apply (wait for a representative as they are always busy), then follow up, and finally go back and wait to pay, the line at the cashier at SMART BRO share it in SM Cebu was over an hour wait to pay when I was there recently. Why not take some of those accountants that review credit for new customers and make them cashiers?
SMART BRO made a good decision with PLUG IT and let the retailers sell it right in their stores with no requirements and nationwide service. Why not the same with SHARE IT? What is the difference and why create so many new problems that staff must resolve and these staff cost a great deal of money and less profit for SMART.
And now the new CIGNAL satellite tv is also available from these same SMART business offices that take a week to process credit checks which means more delays probably. It is convenient for the customer to sign up at SMART business centers but it should be a one stop process and payment rather than multiple trips for customers if it isn’t already. Make it a joy to do business not a hassle with SMART.
What I can’t understand is why it takes a week for the review of your simple documents, even for customers who have had SMART before. It would seem they could just require a ID and the payment and viola quick delivery like Globe and Sun now provide. Having the accountants control the process with slow delivery only frustrates the willing customer. Why not contract this service out if it is already taking so long. The process is certainly not simple or quick. Even your Government license now you can get in an hour why does it take SMART a week for a credit review? When MVP was in daily contact with customers, services improved.
I hope senior management is listening to customers these days and not just to cutting costswhich will result in loss of revenue streams if RELIABILITY suffers. And there are some clear areas costs can be cut such as using billling online instead of paper copies where customers choose and eliminating the long credit reviews and the staff could be freed for other duties
I have long been a customer of PLDT and SMART and am a fan .

Stock holders and analysts should be concerned on the man power being used now in SMART BRO when quicker methods are available like email bill delivery, email questions, email surveys after installation and after disconnection, chats online, and cutting out the paperwork?
If its such a good product why not give customers a trial period first? It would cut customer service need as well from dissatisfied customers making waiting hours waiting to see them. And have those call center employees contact every customer after installation and see if everything is ok (survey) and again if they disconnect so Senior managers can respond to early signs of distress like now?
The average speed in USA for internet is now almost 6mbps average for consumers
Wonder what it is here?

0 comments

Post a Comment